Friday, April 01, 2011

Bill Cunningham
 
If you follow me on Pinterest,you might have noticed I kinda have a thing for fashion. Since I was in junior high, when Vogue arrived at our doorsteps, I could be found pouring over the pages. I still do that today. Fashion photographers are an interesting breed to follow, but my preference the last few years is for street fashion photographers, along the lines of the Tommy Ton and Hanneli Mustaparta. The grand duke of them all, though, is Bill Cunningham, who has been candidly capturing folks on the street for over 30 years in the NY Times.


Bill Cunningham New York Trailer from Gavin McWait on Vimeo.

A new documentary is out showing the man behind the camera, filmed by Richard Press and Philip Gefter. It's times like these that I wish I lived in NY, so I could see this movie today. Alas, Austin will have to wait until May 20 to see the film. For a full list of opening days around the U.S., check out this page.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home