Tuesday, March 08, 2011

SXSW starting up
Hay Maze
Hay Maze from Full Belly Farm Hoes Down festival. Capay Valley, CA.

So far, so good on the letter challenge. I've already send out two letters and have been facebook-free. Weaning myself off twitter is a bit harder, as I find that much more exciting and useful. I used to mock twitter, and then I finally committed to it and haven't looked back. Speaking of twitter and all things social media-related, SXSW is starting in a few short days. I'm a bit nervous to be finally living here in town for the maddness that is SX. The locals complain endlessly about the traffic and crowds, but they forget how much cold hard cash the event brings in during a 10-day period.

 Salt & Time will be selling grilled sausages and drinks starting next week outside of Public School, so be sure to swing by from 3/16-3/19 and say hello. I may pop in to help out and do some crowd watching--they will be just outside of the French Legation Museum, which has a great line up of shows.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Caitlin Keegan said...

Natalie, you should go see Lower Dens if you can- I saw them once last summer and they were great.
I'm envious that you're there for SXSW, every year I think of planning a trip and I never do it. Maybe next time. Nice blog, btw!

3/09/2011 10:59 AM  
Blogger Caitlin Keegan said...

Natalie, you should go see Lower Dens if you can- I saw them once last summer and they were great.
I'm very envious that you're there during SXSW. Every year I think i should plan a trip but I never do it! Maybe next time. Nice blog, btw!

3/09/2011 11:01 AM  
Blogger Miss Natalie said...

Thanks for the rec! I'll check them out. Yes, you should come out next year! We have a couch and two lhasas that like guests.

3/09/2011 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home